November 29, 2022 |
In this season of Thanksgiving, APA has much to be thankful for. We have the best supporters any nonprofit could ever hope to have. This year, you turned out to support us at our kitten shower, golf scramble, Give for Good, Kitties and Cocktails at the Calumet and Purrs in the City. You showed up at the shelter on Saturdays when we were in need of littler and other supplies. You donated when we had huge medical expenses for sweet little Theia, a cat we took in when no other shelter would.
Your support helps us fulfill our mission to rescue and find homes for the forgotten cats and kittens in our area – the ones who are homeless, abandoned and mistreated. We believe all cats deserve the chance to live, love and be loved. We give every treatable, savable, rehabilitatable cat the second chance it deserves. We serve as their voice in the community.
As an all-volunteer (no paid staff) organization, we are also thankful for our volunteers who are our lifeblood. We have such an amazing group of volunteers who:
- Show up twice a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to care for the cats at the shelter
- Show up 7 days a week to care for our cats and kittens at the Clarksville PetSmart adoption center
- Show up Wednesday – Saturday to work at our thrift store Purr-Fect Treasures. The thrift store provides much-needed funds to help us fulfill our mission.
- Open their homes and their hearts to nurture and care for countless kittens to get them ready for their forever homes. Some foster some of our elderly and medically fragile cats who cannot thrive at the shelter.
- Plan and implement our fundraisers
- Make kitty kickers and blankets and soup and sweets to sell at our fundraisers.
Without our supporters and volunteers there would be no APA. This Thanksgiving we say THANK YOU and a big PAWS IN THE AIR to all of you!
We welcome your continued support on Tuesday, November 29 for #GivingTuesday. #GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement which unleashes the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
Here are some ways you can support APA right from the comfort of your own home:
- Donations are always welcome. To donate, go to www.apa-pets.org and select the donate button. We are targeting funds raised from #GivingTuesday to help us with the expenses we incur to get cats and kittens ready for adoption. Every time you go to the grocery you know how costs have gone up. That also goes for the costs involved with getting a cat ready for adoption. It used to cost $150 to get a cat ready and now it costs $180. Our adoption fee is only $80 so your donations will help us offset the costs we incur.
- You can also support APA by volunteering for APA. Check out all the ways you can volunteer and support the Fabulous Felines of APA.
- Another way to help is to shop our wishlist for much-needed supplies.
We wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.